Did you know that all 50 states are at risk to flash floods and that no region is safe from flooding?
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
Many homeowners do not know that their home insurance does not cover flood damage. Flood insurance is one of the best ways you can protect yourself and family from flood losses that may occur. Contents coverage can include your possessions inside your home such as furniture, clothing and other valuables. Flood insurance also covers certain cleanup expenses. Furthermore, it covers damages to your heating and cooling system and the cost to repair or replace your homes flooring, according to the policy. You can purchase building and contents coverage through the National Flood Insurance Program.
What is flood insurance?
Here are a few facts about floods and flood insurance:
- Floods happen everywhere. Any place can flood under certain conditions.
- Living in Colorado, we all know that the state is flood-prone in many areas.
- Flood insurance is backed by the government. Most flood insurance is administered by the National Flood Insurance Program.
- You will receive a timely settlement. As part of the National Flood Insurance Program, LF provides fast and helpful customer service with prompt claims handling. That means you can make repairs and recover faster from your covered losses.
- If you own a condo or rent your home, you should still consider flood insurance to protect your belongings.
What to do if your home floods
- Always put safety first. In the event of extreme flooding, you and your family should evacuate the area and seek a safe location immediately.
- File an insurance claim by contacting your insurance company or agent.
- Before you re-enter your home, make sure the building is structurally sound and not in danger of collapse.
Call us with any questions about Insurance or schedule an appointment. Let LF Insurance help you secure your future with the right Insurance policy. 303.422.2018